Agents are the skilled operatives that form the backbone of your operations in Phantom Doctrine. They are needed to conduct operations, perform tasks at the hideout, and they form your fighting force. Additionally, the enemy may deploy some agents against you. They will start missions with full awareness, and are often better than your agents. If you can capture them alive, however, they can be a great asset.
As agents level up, they can receive training, granting them new abilities to be used in-battle and weapon proficiencies.
|Level||Number of training slots||Number of perks||XP to level up||Total XP|
Agents will also gain perks as they level up. Perks provide them with small, passive bonuses.
- Actor - Reduces the distance at which enemy Agents can detect this Agent's disguise (by 3 tiles).
- Brickhead - Protects from stun effects.
- Cold-blooded - Decreases cooldown on the Focus ability (by 1 turn).
- Combat Senses - Increases maximum Awareness (by 20).
- Composure - Increases Awareness regeneration (by 10).
- Custom Gear - Improves reload times.
- Dancer - Decrease Awareness cost of dodging (by 5).
- Expert Marksman - Single shot attacks no longer end turn.
- Faster Movement - Increases movement range (by 1).
- Fearless - Agent cannot be suppressed.
- Freediver - Protects from harmful effects of gas clouds, except loss of vision.
- Gifted - Bonus (20) XP for missions.
- League Pitcher - Throwing grenades no longer ends turn.
- Low Profile - Improves benefits of half cover.
- Martial Artist - Decreases Awareness cost of takedown (by 10).
- Masochist - Improves Damage Threshold (by 6).
- Mild Paranoia - Improves benefits of full cover.
- Paramedic - Movement bonus when carrying unconscious characters. When Pick Up action is used, it gives the Agent Mobility Bonus (+2 Mobility for 2 turns), the same as Exertion skill (hence they don't stack).
- Peripheral Vision - Overwatch field remains circular in a wider radius (radius increased by 2 tiles).
- Quick Recovery - Increases HP recovery in Hideout.
- Revenant - Increases Critical Timer: agent takes longer to bleed out.
- Scar Tissue - Protects from loss of Damage Threshold caused by corrosive substances.
- Stalker - Increases maximum range of Overwatch cone.
- Survivor - Increases maximum Hit Points (by 20).
- Vietnam Veteran - Increases the width of the Overwatch cone.
Eye for Talent and Interconnected can also be gained by training. See Skills for more information.
|Background||Weapon Proficiencies||Skill||Skill Description|
|ASALA||AK||Firm Stance||Grants this agent a bonus to firearm damage until they move. Resets every turn.|
|BND||MPK||Pickpocket||Agent replenishes ammo upon performing a successful takedown.|
|Cartels||GAL||Blockade Runner||Character receives a Damage Threshold bonus during movement.|
|CIA||.44, BM||Zen||Improve this character's Awareness regeneration.|
|DGI||TKB||Sadist||Each direct kill grants this agent an Awareness bonus.|
|DGSE||French DAO||Vigilance||Extends this agent's circular Overwatch range.|
|Freelance||MG51||Warn Ally||Restore Awareness of another character.|
|GBU||AUG||Proximity Stimulus||This character receives an Awareness and Movement bonus when attacked from a close distance.|
|Gladio||AUG||Team Player||This agent regenerates more Awareness in the vicinity of team members.|
|IJO||AK||Coup de Grace||If the enemy is below a certain amount of health (33%), instantly kill that character.|
|IRA||GAL||Lucky Break||The first time the agent receives damage on a mission, they temporarily become able to dodge at no cost.|
|KGB||TT, Sparrow||Coup de Grace||If the enemy is below a certain amount of health (33%), instantly kill that character.|
|Mafia||B76||Buckshot||Deals damage to all characters within the conical area of effect.|
|MI6||LMG 26||Sniper's Delight||This character receives an immediate Awareness boost upon landing a successful Headshot.|
|MIT||AK||Vigilance||Extends this agent's circular Overwatch range.|
|Mossad||Sparrow, Estrella||Buckshot||Deals damage to all characters within the conical area of effect.|
|MSS||M10||Sniper's Delight||This character receives an immediate Awareness boost upon landing a successful Headshot.|
|NSA||.44, .38||Heartbeat Sensor||Reveal enemies in the Area of Effect, without having Line of Sight to them.|
|PSIA||M10||Proximity Stimulus||This character receives an Awareness and Movement bonus when attacked from a close distance.|
|RAF||MPK||Buckshot||Deals damage to all characters within the conical area of effect.|
|SAS||EIW||Eye for Talent||This character reveals Talents of other team members present on the mission.|
|SAVAK||RP-4||Coup de Grace||If the enemy is below a certain amount of health (33%), instantly kill that character.|
|SB||PM63||Die Hard||Once per mission, this Agent will survive a normally fatal hit and replenish Awareness.|
|SEAL||AAR||Heartbeat Sensor||Reveal enemies in the Area of Effect, without having Line of Sight to them.|
|Securitate||VZ 61||Warn Ally||Restore Awareness of another character.|
|Spetsnaz||TKB, AK||Die Hard||Once per mission, this Agent will survive a normally fatal hit and replenish Awareness.|
|Stasi||PPK||Zen||Improve this character's Awareness regeneration.|
|Triads||GAL||Lucky Break||The first time the agent receives damage on a mission, they temporarily become able to dodge at no cost.|
|USMC||M16||Sure Shot||The next shot from this character cannot be dodged by the target.|
|Yakuza||M10||Interconnected||If Tactical Recon has been completed, disabling a single CCTV central or Laser power source will disable all of them.|
List of agent codenames